Working in conjunction with Gilbert Architects and the Pennsylvania school board, NRB was able to meet the tight space requirements involved for the construction of the new 98,000 square foot elementary and magnet school.
The integration of modular with conventional design on this small V-shaped lot presented challenges. NRB erected and finished a triangular “core” area with 66 pre-built modular floor/roof “pan” sections and set 88 fully preassembled modular units for the perimeter school wings.
The original building’s gargoyles were salvaged and included in the design to add character to the school exterior. As well, interior features of the building include architectural “halos” and colonial columns at entrances, arches, ceramic-tiled corridor walls, and vaulted ceilings to add to the ambiance of a 1950’s design.