NRB worked with The Whiting Turner Contracting Company in Allentown, PA and Spillman Farmer Architects of Bethlehem, PA to complete this 6,000 sq. ft. addition that is attached to a building originally constructed in 1910. The college wanted to emulate the circa 1900 exterior facade on the East Hall modular addition, blending it with the existing building and campus surroundings.
The East Hall deploys both off-site and pre-fabricated construction strategies. The addition was installed on site within the same time frame as the existing building renovation was completed, keeping site disruption to a minimum. Designing the building in 20 smaller modules allowed them to be installed within the tight restricted campus area without removing existing landscaping, so the new addition appears as if it has always been there.